Harbingers of Apocalypse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My guide To Equipment

Go down

My guide To Equipment Empty My guide To Equipment

Post by Maxasis Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:24 am

ok with this guide I plan to explain the different types of equipment and my advise on what to you with what type tank

at the bottom you will see examples of types of tanks ie scout and what I recomend for them

first the equipment

1, Camouflage Net
+25% to the tank's camouflage factor when the tank hull is stationary for 3 seconds.
this should be used on all arty's, this is also very good for TD's, you should not use this on heavy tanks as I see a lot of ppl doing.

2, Binocular Telescope
Recommended for Tank Destroyers and passive scouts.
this is a good option over the coated optics as it can be moved from tank to tank and does not require gold to remove.

3, Toolbox
Particularly useful if your crew does not have a high repair skill of their own yet. Most people buy the Toolbox for faster repair of their tank's tracks, which is very important as an immobile tank is easy prey for SPG and sniping tanks.
tbh you should not be using this but take a repair kit instead.

4, Spall Liner
Increases armor thickness when calculating splash damage from High Explosive (HE) shells (near misses and non-penetrating hits both from tanks and SPGs) or from collisions with other tanks. Has no effect on penetrating hits from HE or other shells. Primarily useful on tanks that are already heavily armored, especially any of the Heavy Tanks with the most armor for their tier.
if your going to use this use it on a scout but again imo its not worth tanking

5, Wet Ammo Rack
+50% Ammo Rack hit points.
Buy this if you feel that your tank is very prone to ammo rack damage and ammo rack explosions.

6, Cyclone Filter
+50% Engine hit points.
Buy this if you feel your tank is very prone to engine damage. Note: this does not counteract the engine damage side-effect of the Removed Speed Governor, as the Removed Speed Governor damage is calculated as a percentage of engine HP.
Available only for Soviet tanks. Does not include Soviet crewed Lend Lease vehicles.

7, Fill Tanks with CO2
+50% Fuel Tank hit points.
Buy this if you feel that hits to the fuel tank are causing you problems.

8, Enhanced Springs
+10% Suspension Load Limit and +30% to Suspension hit points.
A higher load limit does not improve acceleration, traverse rates, or anything else. It just increases the max. weight capacity and can be useful while still using the tank's stock tracks. The more useful aspect of this equipment is the increase in suspension hit points, which makes your tank harder to de-track.

9, Tank Gun Rammer
-10% reduction in gun-loading time. Gun rammers increase loading speed and cause a -10% decrease to the manual hand-loading time. Rammers are highly recommended for every vehicle with a damage dealing role (i.e. everything except pure scout tanks). If you can afford only one item of equipment for your favorite vehicles, a gun rammer should be your first choice.

10, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive
10% Reduction in Aim-Time. An enhanced (automated) gun laying drive, or GLD, decreases the Aiming Time required to "lay" or aim the gun by -10% over the hand-cranked manual method alternative.

11, Vertical Stabilizer
20% reduction of the Accuracy Penalties. The actual accuracy rating of the gun does not change. In other words, the aiming circle starts out 20% smaller, but the size when fully aimed remains unaffected.

12, Coated Optics
+10% View Range.
The bonus is applied at all times except when Binoculars are active, making this equipment better suited for aggressive and scouting players.

13, Additional Grousers
9.1% Terrain Resistance on soft ground and -4.8% Terrain Resistance on average soil.
only available for certain German tanks

14, Improved Ventilation
+5 to role and non-role specific skills training level percentages for all crew members. This improves most of the operating parameters of your tank.

Tanks :-

Scout:-
the purpose of the scout is to be fast and spot the enemy, so when choosing equipment for this you have to look at what is going to help you target fact move fast and spot fast.

there are 2 ways to play a scout passive and aggressive,
for a passive scout you want to get near the enemy and hide in a bush you do not want to fire too much as this will give you position away.

for aggressive scout you need to keep moving all the time don't drive in a straight line remember that shells can bounce off a angled armor and by moving left and right fast while going forward you help increase this angle

1, Binocular Telescope or Coated Optics (optics are better)
2, Vertical Stabilizer (not always available for scouts, you could use Additional Grousers for german tanks or Spall Liner or ventilation as I do)
3, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive

Medium:-
a medium tank should be the second line of attack behind the heavy tank your going to want a fast rate of fire and aiming time always use other tanks and bulding for cover as much as you can

1, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive
2, Gun Rammer
3, Vertical Stabilizer (you can use ventilation instead of this but the stabilizer will help with firing on the move)

Heavy:-
this tank is the first line you need to get to you destination quickly when there use other tanks and building for cover, when in head to head with another tank move back and for the or small movements side to side while reloading this will result in the other tank missing or bouncing off

1, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive
2, Gun Rammer
3, Vertical Stabilizer (you can use ventilation instead of this but the stabilizer will help with firing on the move)

TD's:-
this tank should find a spot to snipe from using a bush or whatever cover is available even in a fast TD you should not rush at the enemy your job is to do damage not scout

1, Camouflage Net
2, Gun Rammer (if you have a fast gun you can use Coated Optics or Bino's but I would always recommend using the rammer)

Arty:-
with this tank always find a bush to hide in try and place yourself so you have a view of the whole map but never place yourself next to your own cap point scouts will go there first

1, Camouflage Net
2, Gun Rammer

Maxasis

Back to top Go down