Harbingers of Apocalypse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Guide to Skills

4 posters

Go down

My Guide to Skills  Empty My Guide to Skills

Post by Maxasis Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:03 am

In this guide I will look at the skills that each crew member has and give suggestions on what to use

If two crew members with the same qualification have a perk (or skill), then the highest researched of the two is the only one that is effective. Thus, if you have 2 loaders or radio operators it is better to train different skills or perks

At the bottom you will see my recommended setup

The skills:-

1,  Repair
This skill accelerates repairs to damaged modules, Recommended for: Heavies, Tank Destroyers, Mediums and lights which want to keep on move

2, Camouflage
This skill reduces vehicle visibility, Recommended for: All tanks

3, Firefighting
This skill enhances fire fighting abilities, Recommended for: German Heavies, Russian Heavies & Mediums

4, Brothers in Arms
This perk improves major qualifications and all skills and perks for the entire crew. The perk comes into effect after it reaches 100% for the entire crew. The perk is more effective when combined with Improved Ventilation, Extra Combat Rations, Chocolate, Case of Cola, and Strong Coffee.
Recommended for: Vehicles with  3 or less crewmen & crewmen with 3+ skills

5, Jack of All Trades
This skill enables the Commander to master every qualification and replace knocked-out crew members.
Recommended for: Mediums, Heavies & Tanks Destroyers with high frontal armor

6, Mentor
This skill provides additional experience to all crew members except the Commander. The amount of experience increases with skill level.

7, Recon
This skill increases Maximum View Range. Recon is more effective if observation devices are damaged, or when combined with Situational Awareness, Coated Optics and Binocular Telescope.

8, Sixth Sense
This perk allows the Commander to identify whether the vehicle is detected by the enemy. Sixth Sense comes into effect after it reaches 100%.
Recommended for: Tank Destroyers, Lights & Artillery

9, Eagle Eye - Perk
This perk allows the Commander to identify critically damaged modules on targeted vehicles. Eagle Eye comes into effect after it reaches 100%.

10, Clutch Braking
This skill increases vehicle rotation speed. Clutch Breaking is more effective when combined with Additional Grousers, Lend-Lease Oil, Removed Speed Governor, 100-octane Gasoline, and 105-octane Gasoline.
Recommended for: Lights, Mediums, Tank Destroyers & slow Heavies

11, Off-Road Driving
This skill reduces ground resistance when driving on soft and moderately soft terrain. The effect increases with skill level. Lower ground resistance increases vehicle maneuverability and acceleration. The skill is more effective when combined with Additional Grousers.

12, Smooth Ride
This skill improves accuracy when firing on the move. Smooth Ride does not affect the vehicle when stationary or rotating, and is more effective when combined with Vertical Stabilizer.
Recommended for: Lights, Mediums, fast Heavies & Turreted Tank Destroyers

13, Controlled Impact
This skill decreases ramming damage to your vehicle and increases ramming damage to an enemy vehicle. The effect increases with skill level. Controlled Impact is effective only while both vehicles are in motion, except when two allied vehicles collide.

14, Preventative Maintenance
The perk reduces the chance of engine fire by preventing gas or oil leakage in the engine compartment. The perk comes into effect after it reaches 100%.

15, Armorer
This skill improves the accuracy of a damaged gun. The effect increases with skill level. If two Gunners have the skill, only the higher rating is effective. Armorer is more effective when combined with a Vertical Stabilizer.

16, Deadeye
This perk increases the chance to critically damage enemy vehicle modules and crew. Deadeye comes into effect after it reaches 100%, and is only effective with AP and APCR shells.

17, Snap Shot
This skill improves accuracy during turret rotation. The effect increases with skill level. If two Gunners have the skill, only the higher rating is effective. Snap Shot is more effective when combined with Vertical Stabilizer.

18, Designated Target
This perk makes targeted enemy vehicles visible for two more seconds. Designated Target comes into effect after it reaches 100%. If two Gunners have the perk, the effect is not cumulative.

19, Safe Stowage
This perk increases ammo rack durability (the shells do not come into contact with each other). Safe Stowage comes into effect after it reaches 100%. If two Loaders have the perk, the effect is not cumulative. This perk is more effective when combined with "Wet" Ammo Rack.
Recommended for: Russian Mediums & Heavies, Type 59

20, Intuition
This perk creates a chance that the proper shell is already loaded when switching between shell types. Intuition comes into effect after it reaches 100%. The gun must be completely loaded before the perk can be used again. If two Loaders have the perk, the effect increases.
Recommended for: Players who frequently switch between ammo types

21, Adrenaline Rush
This perk accelerates gun loading if the vehicle has less than 10% of its hit points left. Adrenaline Rush comes into effect after it reaches 100%. If two Loaders have the perk, the effect is not cumulative. Adrenaline Rush is more effective when combined with Gun Rammer.

22, Signal Boosting
This skill extends Signal Range. The effect increases with skill level. If two Radio Operators have the skill, only the higher rating is effective.

23, Situational Awareness
This skill extends View Range. The effect increases with skill level. If two Radio Operators have the skill, only the higher rating is effective. Situational Awareness is more effective when combined with Recon.
Recommended for: All, except Artillery

24, Relaying
This skill extends Signal Range of allied communications within vehicle's radio coverage. The effect increases with skill level. If two Radio Operators have the skill, only the higher rating is effective.
Recommended for: Lights & Artillery

25, Call for Vengeance
This perk enables a Radio Operator who survived the destruction of his vehicle to report enemy positions for another two seconds. Call for Vengeance comes into effect after it reaches 100%. If two Radio Operators have the perk, the effect is not cumulative.

Don't blindly follow my examples below before taking a perk read up on its usage for example there is no point in taking Snap Shot for a tank that has no turret

So as far as I can tell you are only able to get 3 perks (least everything I read I have never seen more than 3), so my recommended setups are :-

Commander
1, Mentor
2, Recon
3, Sixth Sense

Driver
1, Clutch Braking
2, Smooth Ride
3, Off-Road Driving

Gunner
1, Deadeye
2, Snap Shot
3, Brothers in Arms

Loader 1
1, Intuition
2, Brothers in Arms
3, Camouflage

Loader 2
1, Safe Stowage
2, Adrenaline Rush
3, Repair

Radio Operator 1
1, Situational Awareness
2, Signal Boosting
3, Relaying

Radio Operator 2
1, Camouflage
2, Brothers in Arms
3, Repair

Maxasis

Back to top Go down

My Guide to Skills  Empty Re: My Guide to Skills

Post by Leomatiko Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:05 pm

The 3 perk macimum is not true, i have aeen a guy working on his 5th skill for his crew. It just does not become feasible to go very hight because for every extra skill/perk you want it will be doible the exp needed.
Skill/perk 1 = normal exp
Skill/perk 2 = double exp
Skill/perk 3 = quadruple exp
Skill/perk 4 = octuple exp
Skill/perk 5 = 16x exp
(From the oginal amount)
So on and so forth.

Leomatiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Szhival Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:51 am

" The Brothers in Arms Perk (...) provides no benefit whatsoever unless all of the crew have it trained to 100%."

So training BIA in any other way then on the whole crew is a waste

Szhival

Back to top Go down

Post by tuga2112 Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:52 am

Szhival wrote:" The Brothers in Arms Perk (...) provides no benefit whatsoever unless all of the crew have it trained to 100%."

So training BIA in any other way then on the whole crew is a waste
that is very correct. BIA is a perk very discussed. some people say its awesome some say its a waste

EDIT:
i though i shoudl add a bit to the comment. and also my personal opinion on the perk

i think this perk is good if used in the right tank. because in fact 5% extra primary skill means:
commander - see further 5%
gunner - turret rotation and aim time 5% faster
driver - extra 5% accelaration and 5% turning faster
loader - 5% faster reload (remember the difference a shell rammer does? this is half of that difference on top of the rammer )
radio operator - 5% further comunications distance. (this is probably the bonus that makes least difference.)

in short. if you think improved ventilation class is worth having you probably will think BIA is worth it. after all is exactly the same bonus!!!

tuga2112

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down